Wednesday 11 July 2007

Love Trilogy? You will do soon

I like to maintain a healthy scepticism prior to reviewing any products, whether beauty or otherwise, to ensure I don't fall for brand marketing hype that informs us of the indispensability of particular goods. So, with my usual reviewing nonchalance I cleansed my face with Trilogy's Cream Cleanser, before applying their Energising Face Lotion and Eye Contour Cream. I did this several times over a matter of days and I have to say, I actually noticed a distinct difference in the appearance and texture of my skin, which has started to look more vibrant and feel significantly smoother. My scepticism has transformed into amazement. Trilogy, I'm impressed.

Trilogy, established by New Zealand sisters, Sarah Gibbs and Catherine Wells, is a celebrity favourite and has received triumphant reviews from publications such as Red, Harpers Bazaar, She, The Sunday Times and Vogue. Now they can add me to the list of converts. I am one of those individuals who scour ingredients lists with a fine toothed comb, to ensure that nothing dubious is lurking within a product. Trilogy's products are cruelty-free and devoid of parabens, silicons, peg's and fillers, synthetic colours and fragrances, GMO derived ingredients, harsh detergents and surfacants and pesticide and herbicide residues. The preservative system they use is non-toxic and complemented with natural preservatives, such as grapefruit seed extract and vitamin E.

You might think that oil based items are pore clogging and I have often found this to be the case with past products, but Trilogy's range of skincare is gentle on the skin, easily absorbed and feels intensely nourishing. Of course, if you want healthy, glowing skin in the long term, you need to address your nutritional needs, but Trilogy products are the perfect complement to a healthy lifestyle, so your skin reflects your inner well-being.

No comments: